Reading time ( words)
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.
"In the second quarter, we delivered double digit revenue growth year-over-year from continued strength in the Semi-Cap market, improving Industrials demand, and strength in the Telecommunications sector," said Jeff Benck, Benchmark's President and CEO. "Additionally, we expanded gross and operating margins supported by our strong revenue growth."
"I am particularly pleased with our team's execution in the quarter given the challenges related to the global supply chain constraints and facility disruptions in Malaysia related to the pandemic. Strong end market demand, new program ramps, and operational execution provide momentum for sequential growth in revenue and gross margins through the balance of 2021."
Second Quarter 2021 Industry Sector Update
Overall, higher-value market revenues were up 9% quarter-over-quarter and 12% year-over-year from growth in semi-cap, industrials and A&D. Traditional market revenues were flat quarter-over-quarter and up 7% year-over-year primarily from growth in the telecommunications sector.
Third Quarter 2021 Outlook
- Revenue between $555 - $595 million
- Diluted GAAP earnings per share between $0.27 - $0.35
- Diluted non-GAAP earnings per share between $0.33 - $0.41 (excluding restructuring charges and other costs and amortization of intangibles)
- This guidance takes into consideration all known constraints for the quarter and assumes no further significant interruptions to our supply base, operations or customers. Guidance also assumes no material changes to end market conditions due to COVID-19.
- Restructuring charges are expected to range between $0.8 million and $1.2 million in the third quarter and the amortization of intangibles is expected to be $1.7 million in the third quarter.